Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blog Assignment #1

1. How would you have explained the meaning of the term "ethics", before taking this class?
I would explain ethics as being a term meaning what is morally right and wrong. That to me, it is more of a personal term, that involves an individual more than it would a group and its the conscience of a person and what they believe is morally accepted and what they value in life.

2. What are some of your deepest held values?
Some of my deepest values are living life to the fullest, and living through experiences. I highly value my friends and my family who accompany me as I grow and learn. I value honesty, and reason, and especially love, in every form.

3. What are some main principles you try to live your life by?
I try to live my life with not sweating the small stuff and knowing whats important and what my goals are. I try to be a better person everyday, and I believe life is a lot about improvement and gaining knowledge and strength. I try to live my life honestly and ambitiously. I believe you can never love to much and show it, and to treat others how we would want ourselves to be treated.

4. What moral qualities do you look for in others?
I look for a honest, caring, and understanding person. I like qualities that are considerate and helpful. I like people who can make me laugh and also understand a joke and can laugh at mine, but can be serious when the time is more inappropriate.

5. How were your values and principles developed?
My values and principles have been developed mostly through my mom and my close family. They have also been developed through trial and error, or witnessing another person's mistakes or gains.

6. How have your values and principles changed throughout your life so far?
My values and principles haven't exactly changed throughout my life so much as they have become more evident and stronger. I still believe in the values and principles I've always believed in, but just in a more confident way.

7. Out of 25 points, how many points do you feel your work on this assignment deserves? Justify your answer.
I feel that my assignment has the potential to have all 25 points granted to me because I did everything that I had been asked to do... to answer the questions and to have them in this format. I was honest and took time to answer the questions as clearly as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment